Do you want to help adult students from all cultures and backgrounds gain the skills they need to thrive in the U.S.? By volunteering to teach English as a second language to adults you can:
make a meaningful difference in your city
explore teaching as a profession
develop skills that will enhance other aspects of your career
help other adults reach their educational goals
Ways to volunteer with CCV Adult Education:
ESL Volunteer Teachers – Teach English as a second language to adults at our community center in the morning (M/W/F 10-12) or the evening (M/W 6-8 pm).
ESL Assistant Teachers – Assist our full-time teachers at our community center in the morning (M/W/F 10-12) or the evening (M/W 6-8 pm).
- Prior ESL teaching experience is preferred, but not required.
- Fluency in English and the ability to articulate well
- Must be able to promote an environment conducive to learning
- Must be punctual and serious about your time commitment to the students
- Ability to prepare and present meaningful lessons and provide feedback to students